Thursday, December 16, 2010

So you wanna change the world.

If I try to make a difference would it help anyway?

--

July 4, 2010

After this week...
I don't want you to remember me.
I don't need you to know my name,
my face,
my life.
I don't need a letter, a call, a note.
I only ask one thing of you as i go...
I want you to remember that
Jesus came
and shared a moment
Serving You.

--

I wrote this is my journal the third day i spent in Jamaica, along with a saying that I have made a personal goal to live out.

"You may be the only Jesus somebody ever sees"

This journal filled with snipbits of my life and things that ive heard that have touched my life and shaped my relationship with God. Things that have impacted my life, my world. Experiences that i don't think i could ever relate to anybody else, but they changed me. I wish that everybody in the world had a experience like this, a book almost completely filled with 5 months of life... falling apart but holding my life together.

--

I want to change the world. I want to not be afraid to stand up alone for what i believe in. No matter what the cost. "For God did not give us the spirit of fear, but the spirit of power, of love, and of a sound mind" 2 Timothy 1:7

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity" 1 Timothy 4:12

God,
I want to have the courage of David, a boy so young, and yet so strong. Risking his life, his dignity, everything to stand up against the giants in his life for your Glory. God I know I will face giants in my life in the next few years, maybe even months. I've overcome some before God, you've been faithful to your word before, and you will be faithful again and i know that. Give me the serenity i need to trust in you. Give me wisdom to follow your path no matter the cost. God i want to change the world, but not for me, for you. If thats your calling for me, let it be God. Wherever you want to send me, give me the courage to say "Here I am Lord, Send me."

--

So you wanna change the world,
What are you waiting for?
Say you wanna start right now,
What are you waiting for?
It only takes one voice,
Common now and shout it out
Give a little more
What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment